Places in Allen are a bit pricey compared to its national median value. In this city The median home value is $261,600 compared to $184,700 for the Nationals average home value. When it comes to renting in this suburban city, it is totally affordable by having it median rent of $1,374. In Allen, Texas after a lot of research we have found out that 76% of the people residing in this city own a home and the other 24% rent.
Allen has a humid subtropical climate, with long hot summers and cool winters.
In 2008, an EF-1 tornado touched down in Allen, damaging approximately 50 homes.
Crime & Safety
Assault: Local:56.2 National: 282.7
Murder: Local-0 National– 6.1
Rape: Local- 30 National- 40.7Robbery: Local– 21.3 National- 135.5
Burglary: Local– 111.5 National- 500.1
Theft: Local-1,061.4 National– 2,042.8
Motor Vehicle Theft: Local– 64.9 National– 284
Allen hosts a campus of Collin College, which is located inside Allen High School.
Small portions of the Allen city limits extend into Lovejoy, McKinney, and Plano ISDs. In the fall of 2006, new 9th grade high school students in the Lovejoy ISD boundaries began attending the newly opened Lovejoy High School. The school became a full 4-year high school in the 2009–10 school year.
Eagle Stadium opened on August 31, 2012, at a cost of $60 million and seats 18,000 people.
Allen High School offers advanced academic coursework through AP and IB courses. AP course enrollment is 53%.
Information from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen,_Texas and https://www.niche.com/places-to-live/allen-collin-tx/